The Metcalfe County Public Library offers books and more—including leadership experiences through our Teen Advisory Council, unique events, and online resources for homework help.
The Metcalfe County Public Library (MCPL) is looking for a new logo that will better identify the Teen Advisory Council. In order to engage our current members, and attract new members, MCPL announces a competition to design a new logo.
The contest is open to anyone in grades 6th through 12th.
1. The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. October 17, 2022 Central Standard Time (CST) and closes at 4:30 p.m. November 18, 2022. Late submissions will not be considered. A panel of MCPL board members and library staff will select the winner on November 28, 2022. The prize for the winning entry is a $75 VISA Gift Card.
2. All entries can be submitted either in-person at the library, or emailed email@example.com.Submissions must include the full name of the person who designed the logo, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
3. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
4. There is no fee to enter the contest.
5. Participants must sign & complete the Art Competition Guidelines and Contest Rules upon submitting artwork.
Outreach with Learning provides fun, educational activities and programs, perfect for homeschool families, school functions, and community events. To see upcoming Outreach with Learning programs, see our event calendar here.
Readers of all ages are invited to dive into the ocean depths this summer as MCPL presents "Oceans of Possibilities" during our Summer Reading Program. This program will provide educational and fun activities designed to improve and maintain reading skills.
The 2022 Summer Reading Program is FREE for all ages (0-18) and participants will be grouped into age categories for grand prize drawings (0-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, and teens). Adults may read to children not yet able to read.
Join us all summer for under the sea themed programs!
TAC meets monthly over pizza to plan programs for teens and help select teen materials.
The Teen Advisory Council's goal is to promote library services at Metcalfe County Public Library by:
Interested in becoming a member?
Want to stay updated with what’s going on at the library? Sign up to receive the library’s monthly newsletter directly to your inbox!