Current Job Openings:
The MakerSpace Technician supports all components of the Make+Learn Lab at the Metcalfe County Public Library. The MakerSpace Technician will envision and help expand offered services, implement use and safety procedures for MakerSpace equipment, and provide user support to patrons. A working knowledge of the Make+Learn Lab equipment includes, but is not limited to the following: heat press, Cricut, 3D printer, sewing & embroidery machine, large format printer, and various software programs.
- Provide a full range of services to patrons, particularly consultation and operational support for MakerSpace technologies.
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator & Children's Librarian to develop and maintain Maker and STEM- related programs for patrons of all ages.
- Operate and maintain MakerSpace equipment, hardware, and software.
- Design and teach classes related to MakerSpace products and equipment.
- Develop a training plan for staff on relevant equipment; inform staff of updates or changes to equipment or procedures.
- Provide library tours, presentations, and MakerSpace demonstrations, as needed.
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed for all MakerSpace equipment.
Knowledge of MakerSpace equipment is preferred; however, all levels of experience will be considered.
To apply, submit your resume:
- Drop off at the library at 200 South Main St. Edmonton, KY 42129
- Mail to P.O. Box 626. Edmonton, KY 42129
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply before: May 19th, 2023